A man's foot is needed not just for movement, but for cushioning and mitigating the tremors that are inevitable during walking. In order to fully perform this function, it has a certain structure. It is important to treat flat feet in adults at home, because with this pathology the foot no longer fulfills its spring function.
- What kinds are there?
- Causes of flatfoot
- Complex treatment of flat feet
- 1 degree
- 2 degree
- 3 degree
- Orthopedic footwear and special insoles
- Exercises exercise therapy
- What folk methods will help
- Massage Mat
- Compliance with diet
- What to do for prevention
Learn about the symptoms and treatment of transverse flatfoot Flat-foot 2 degrees - treatment at home How to properly massage with flat feet in children Determine flat feet at home Flat-footedness: are they taking him into the army?
Interesting! At the foot a curved shape that is compared with an arch or an arc (you can leave a mark on wet sand to know its shape accurately). When a person walks, he does not rely on the entire surface of the foot, but only on the heel bone, the base of the first and fifth fingers.
What kinds are there?
Due to the correct structure, when walking on a flat surface, the body can evenly distribute the load. If a person has flat feet, the shape of the foot is deformed, its arches are thickened.
Types of flatfoot, depending on the structure of the arch:
- transversal. In this situation, the transverse arch becomes broad. This type of pathology is most often diagnosed in adults;
- longitudinal. By decreasing the height of the longitudinal arch, the foot becomes longer. Often found in children, adolescents;
- combined. Both types of foot changes are present to some extent.
Important! Flattening can be congenital. It is rare and is associated with the abnormal structure of the child's skeleton. Learn all about the symptoms and the treatment of flat feet.
Causes of flatfoot
The main possible reasons are:
- Injuries in the foot. It is not only fractures, but also problems with the muscle or ligament apparatus.
- After suffering rickets. Because of the disease, the bones become soft, easily and quickly deformed.
- Static flat feet can be caused by various reasons associated with an increase in the load on the foot (most often found in the beautiful half). The cause of static flatfoot may be obesity or pregnancy, standing standing, wearing tight shoes or on the heel (heel more than 4 cm), the muscles become less elastic due to age. The hereditary factor is not excluded.
Complex treatment of flat feet
What does it include the treatment of flat feet in adults at home (see. video)? The approach should be comprehensive, and the first important steps are the purchase of orthopedic shoes, the performance of a certain type of exercises, the holding of a massage. Also it is worth considering that at different degrees of the disease, different treatment complexes are prescribed.
Attention! You can learn how to determine flat feet at home here.
The first degree of flatfoot is treated with conservative methods. Exercise regularly:
- a little to spread your legs and climb to your toes 10 times;
- put a rolling pin, a pipe, a bottle or a small ball on the floor, put the feet on this object and roll it with your feet for 5 minutes;
- Sit down, put the feet on the heels and rotate them in different directions 10 times each;
- Perform steps on opposite sides of the foot (10 - on the outside, 10 - on the inside);
- to stand on the heels and roll to the sock, then back - 10 times;
- within three minutes bend and unbend fingers;
- With your toes, shift light objects.
Do a foot massage: warm up the feet or use massagers. Wear only quality shoes:
- insoles must be manufactured in the foot;
- shoes should not be cramped;
- select with a heel 2-4 cm
Observe the principles of proper nutrition, to avoid weight gain, but rather stick to the diet and get rid of extra pounds, if any.
Timely treatment of flat feet of the 2nd degree will help to avoid surgical intervention. The course of treatment includes:
- special gymnastics;
- necessarily choose orthopedic shoes;
- order insoles for the prevention of puffiness;
- manual therapy;
- Do not overload your feet with walking;
- Perform exercises that strengthen the muscles of the feet, form posture;
The sooner you start treatment, the faster you will get the result:
- watch your weight, follow a diet (if there are even slightly extra pounds, it is better to get rid of them);
- make contrasting foot baths (cold, hot water);
- wear comfortable shoes, orthopedic is recommended, there should be a heel, but not more than 4 cm, shoes should not be narrow, but not very spacious;
- regularly do foot massage;
- connect physiotherapy.
Unfortunately, these recommendations do not help everyone, often you have to resort to surgery.
Orthopedic footwear and special insoles
It is important to change shoes for the duration of treatment to ensure that the foot is in the right natural position when walking. The sole of a special shoe can absorb shocks during the movement of a person.
Results from wearing the right shoes:
- load on foot becomes smaller;
- fatigue of the legs decreases;
- there is no further deformation of the joints;
- The foot receives improved damping functions;
- the load on the spine is reduced.
Individual orthopedic insoles can replace special shoes. Such treatment will be cheaper at a cost. Insoles take into account the features of the structure of the foot, have various additional elements.
Exercises exercise therapy
To correct deformities of the foot, if they are still of a minor nature, at home, you can do special gymnastics. It will be enough 15 minutes a day to strengthen the muscles, to form the correct position of the foot. In addition, exercise improves blood flow and reduces the overall fatigue of the legs.
What exercises are recommended:
- to lift the ball with your feet;
- put pencils and pens on the floor, try to lift them using your toes;
- to walk on tiptoe;
- walking, leaning on the outside of the foot;
- take a bottle (empty or with water) and roll it with your feet.
When treating flat feet in adults at home, a special massage is actively recommended by all specialists. It is important that the massage is conducted by a qualified worker, and the general course of treatment is no less than a dozen procedures. The duration of one massage session for one foot should not be less than 10 minutes.
Important! In principle, you can not apply to a specialist for a therapeutic massage, and conduct it yourself. Then you have to buy a special massage device: a rug, rollers, balls.
To relax the muscles after a massage, it is recommended to take warm foot baths. Conservative home treatment, described above, is suitable only for the first stage of flatfoot, until the foot has not yet strongly deformed.
What folk methods will help
Such rugs in a wide range are sold in pharmacies. They are suitable for self-massage. Every day on a special rug you just need to walk barefoot for 5 minutes.
In the people to experts never were addressed, and tried to do massage in house conditions. It is necessary to fix the foot horizontally with four fingers of the hand. With your thumb press on the entire surface of the foot. This therapeutic massage is especially effective in the morning.
Compliance with diet
At the initial stage, flatfoot can be cured by adjusting its menu. It is necessary to abandon the sweet and flour, to eliminate fatty foods from the diet. From now on, the menu is made up of vegetables and cereals. You need to eat up to five times a day, but not more than 350 grams of food at a time. So it will be possible to get rid of excess weight, which often leads to deformation of the foot.
In addition, with flat feet, you must always drink milk, because it contains vitamin D. You can just take vitamin D, bought in a pharmacy in a clean form. In general, if there are doubts that the body receives enough vitamins and minerals, you can drink a special course of such drugs.
What to do for prevention
To the question of treating flat feet in adults at home was not at all, you need to monitor the body weight, choose the right shoes. Women should understand that the constant wearing of high heels inevitably leads to the development of flat feet.