From this article you will find out whether tachycardia requires treatment at home, how much therapeutic measures can be effective, what should be done with different versions of this condition.
The general medical recommendations
With tachycardia, the heart decreases more often than it should - more than 90 beats per minute. It can be regarded as:
- The variant of the norm, the physiological( regular) reaction of the heart to different effects( for example, stress, excitement).It does not cause complaints, it passes independently for several minutes after the termination of the provoking factor, and does not need to be treated at all.
- Symptom of diseases of the cardiovascular or other systems( pathological).By itself, it does not disturb the patients, since it is a reaction of the heart to the pathological changes in the body caused by the disease. Special tachycardia does not require special treatment, as it passes by itself after the elimination of the causative disease. But it is necessary to do everything to establish this disease and treat it.
- Self-separate disease - paroxysmal tachycardia and cardiac arrhythmias, accompanied by rapid heart rate. The patients are disturbed in different ways: from a feeling of irregularities in the work of the heart, with a regular rhythm of contractions, to a pronounced deterioration in the general condition in arrhythmias. Therefore, it must be treated. Treatment should be purposeful - to remove an attack, restore a normal rhythm, prevent a second occurrence.
To cure tachycardia at home, you can, but only following the recommendations of a specialist - a cardiologist or therapist. In this article, we'll show you how to do this.
General medical recommendations
In any variant of tachycardia, the main treatment should be as follows:
1. Eliminate the impact of all possible factors that accelerate the heartbeat
- Neuropsychic overstrain and stress;
- alcohol abuse and smoking;
- coffee and strong tea;
- physical overload and physical inactivity( insufficient physical activity);
- work at night, lack of sleep and irregular sleep;
- any harmfulness in production( noise, hard work, etc.).
2. Balance lifestyle and nutrition
- Get involved in exercise therapy;
- do morning exercises;
- create and maintain a stable mode of the day;
- eat regularly;
- balance the diet - refuse or minimize the sharp, salty, fat food of animal origin and containing a large amount of cholesterol, eat mainly vegetables, fruits with vegetable oils, dietary meat, fish, fermented milk products.
3. Psychoemotional relaxation
- Listen to your favorite music( better calm) or do what calms you;
- communicate more with your close and understanding people;
- take up yoga;
- visit those places and establishments in which you feel comfortable;
- do not hesitate to visit a psychologist or psychotherapist( these specialists will help you overcome psychoneurological mechanisms that support tachycardia).
4. Observe with a cardiologist or therapist
This is necessary to assess the dynamics of the course of the disease and the effectiveness of the treatment measures.
What to do at home during an attack of strong palpitation
Tachycardia due to sudden attacks of palpitations( paroxysm), or any other kind of rhythm disturbances( ciliary arrhythmia, extrasystole), accompanied by accelerated contractions of the heart, you can try to remove yourself. At home, for this step-by-step, you need to do such tricks:
- Wash with cold water, place a cold compress on the forehead, or ice the collar of the neck.
- Take a horizontal position or sit down, count the pulse.
- Massage the region of the carotid artery on the neck( along the anterolateral surface).
- Take a deep, deep breath with your chest, hold the breath for a few seconds at the height of the inspiration.
- Cough several times after inhalation, but without strong tension.
- Close your eyes, not squinting your eyelids tightly, and gently squeeze them gently for 10-30 seconds.
- If from previous receptions there is no effect, at the height of inspiration, hold your breath and gradually, gradually, but deeply push on the area of the solar plexus( on the stomach under the breastbone, stomach area).
- Take medications that slow the contractile activity of the heart. These can be: Corvalol, Corvalment, Metoprolol, Verapamil, Amiodarone, Asparcum, Digoxin.
- Calculate the pulse - if in 15-20 minutes it does not decrease in comparison with the original, the state of health does not improve and the attack can not be removed, call an ambulance( phone 103).
- If the seizures often disturb you or the rhythm irregular( different intervals of time between contractions), even though you can cope with them at homeconditions alone, the disease must be treated, seek help from a specialist and be fully screened.
Periodic sudden palpitations( paroxysmal tachycardia) and rhythm disturbances( arrhythmias) accompanied by accelerated cardiac contractions, without proper treatment, threaten with severe circulatory disturbances and even cardiac arrest!
What medications for tachycardia can be taken at home
By observing general recommendations for the treatment of tachycardia, the essence of which is the normalization of diet and lifestyle, only a delayed positive result can be achieved( in a few months or years).Drug therapy is an integral component of the medical process, without which severe and persistent tachycardia at home can not be eliminated.
You should not choose your own medications for constant use, even if you know the cause of tachycardia.
Only an expert can fully study the individual characteristics of the disease and, weighing all the pros and cons, will select the optimal medication. Some cases of tachycardia( paroxysmal and arrhythmic) can be eliminated only by surgery or by implantation of a pacemaker.
The most common drugs that are prescribed to patients with tachycardia.
Reflective action type
They can be accepted by everyone. These are:
Calming type of action
They are most appropriate if the tachycardia is caused by psychogenic influences. These are:
- new passit,
This is the main group of drugs against tachycardia. When they are received, pressure control is mandatory, as they reduce it:
Calcium channel blockers
These short-acting agents( up to 6 hours) are more suitable for emergency relief of seizures, reduce pressure:
Potassium and magnesium preparations
All patients can use them:
- Magne B6,
These are reserve drugs for the provision of emergency care, as well as in the presence of heart failure in patients:
Potassium channel blockers
Their use is more suitable in patients with arrhythmias and severe paroxysms, as well as with tachycardia in combination with low pressure:
How effective is treatment at home - prognosis
The classical tactics of treating mild cases of pathological tachycardia, which is an independent process( for example, attacks not more than 1 time per month, the general condition is not violated), prescribes taking medications and adhering to basic treatment recommendations only inhome conditions. If you follow all the requirements, in 80-90% you can achieve a positive result.
Irregular, unpredictable seizures that violate the general condition( severe dizziness, falling or rising pressure, etc.) require a two-stage treatment:
- . The patients are first hospitalized in the hospital where they undergo the examination, receive the necessary drippers and injections.
- Supportive therapy at home.