A beautiful and healthy smile is the key to well being. But what if there are diseases of the mouth? We will tell you how to treat gum disease in the home.
- Symptoms of the disease
- Causes of gingival inflammation in adults
- How to properly treat the gum
- How to remove the flux in inflammation
- If the gingiva is inflamed with angina
- Purulent inflammation near the tooth
- With colds
- Inflammation of the gum under the crown
- After tooth extraction
- How to treat gum disease in the home
- Sea buckthorn oil
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Oak bark
- Herbal Remedies
- Leaves of aloe
- Sea salt
- Dirt of the Dead Sea
- Use of plantain
- Treatment of gum disease during pregnancy
- Folk remedies based on chamomile and calendula
- Broth of pine kidneys
- Propolis and alcohol
- Root of calamus
- Natural honey
- Therapy with black radish juice
- Massage with gum disease
- How to treat severe inflammation of the gums with antibiotics and other medications
- How to rinse your mouth with chlorosquidine in case of gingival inflammation
- Prevention of such violations
- Toothpaste with gingival inflammation
The better to rinse your teeth with inflammation of the gums How long does the gum repair after tooth extraction? Rapid and effective treatment of gum tumor at home Causes of bleeding gums and treatment The tooth of wisdom grows and the gum hurts - what to do?
Symptoms of the disease
With inflammation of the gums, painful sensations occur during meals, bleeding, redness, sometimes purulent discharge.
These symptoms indicate a pathological change in the oral cavity. In the absence of timely treatment, they are complicated by severe gingivitis, periodontitis, stomatitis.
Important!With gum disease, treatment at home can be done, and many dentists even claim that they need it. Herbal decoctions are highly effective, and are cheaper than pharmacy medicines.
Causes of gingival inflammation in adults
There are a number of factors that provoke frequent inflammation of the gums:
- genetic predisposition;
- bad habits (smoking, habit of gnawing solid objects);
- lack of vitamins and trace elements;
- fillings and crowns of poor quality;
- cardiovascular diseases;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- latent and obvious iron deficiency, anemia;
- infections in the body;
- violation of the hormonal background;
- taking some drugs, poisoning with heavy metals.
The main cause of inflammatory changes in the oral cavity are bacteria.
Interesting!Read what other gum diseases there are.
How to properly treat the gum
To improve the oral cavity it should be regularly rinsed with various infusions and decoctions of medicinal herbs. The procedure is carried out:
- in the morning after awakening;
- an hour before meals;
- immediately after eating;
- before bedtime;
- with unpleasant sensations in the mouth.
How to remove the flux in inflammation
To ease the symptoms apply folk remedies:
- Soda solution (1 h. l. soda and salt pour 200 ml of boiling water, allow to cool to room temperature, rinse every three hours);
- decoction of sage (1 tbsp. l plants pour 250 ml of boiling water, boil for 3 minutes, allow to stand for half an hour, strain, rinse every 20 minutes for three hours).
Important!We have already written about the treatment of gum tumor at home!
If the gingiva is inflamed with angina
Allocate the main symptoms of gum in angina:
- reddening of the mucosa;
- elevated temperature, general fatigue;
- pain during eating, bad breath;
- puffiness of the gums, increased salivation;
- formation of a gray coating;
- loosening of teeth.
The first step is to get rid of the cause of the disease, then prescribe a therapy for sore gums. Treatment is carried out under the supervision of a doctor.
Purulent inflammation near the tooth
With such a disease, you need to visit a doctor urgently. Surgery may be required.
Conservative treatment includes:
- removal of a crown or a seal;
- drill the tissues affected by caries;
- nerve removal;
- expansion of root canals;
- treatment channels antiseptics;
- reception of antibiotics;
- the installation of a permanent seal or crown after the abatement of the inflammatory process.
At home, you can use rinses - dilute hydrogen peroxide 3% with water in a ratio of 1: 1.
The main symptoms of inflammation of the gums for colds are acute pain, redness of the tissues, swelling. When a purulent process joins, the formation is surgically opened. If the toothache manifested itself after the appearance of cough and fever, then most likely it is associated with ARVI and will retreat independently in a couple of days.
Inflammation of the gum under the crown
The course of treatment includes:
- gum massage, use of hard, solid foods (apples, carrots, nuts);
- enrichment of the body with vitamin C;
- application of dental floss for cleaning, removal of tartar;
- taking painkillers (Tempalgin, Paracetamol);
- rinsing with antiseptic solutions (Furacilin, Miramistin, Chlorhexidine);
- use of anti-inflammatory and wound healing gels (Metrogil, Solcoseryl).
After tooth extraction
Inflammation of the gums after tooth treatment is a consequence of the body's reaction to the drug or incorrect treatment. Many drugs have side effects and contraindications that must be considered before use. They can cause irritation of the oral mucosa, which leads to inflammation.
The cause of gum changes may be the patient's negligent attitude - non-compliance with the prescribing doctor's instructions. If you observe hygiene during the rehabilitation period and follow the recommendations of a specialist, you can avoid the inflammatory process and unpleasant consequences.
How to treat gum disease in the home
To make a vegetable benefit, you must always ask the dentist if the chosen herb is suitable for your case. According to statistics, more people are suffering from improper oral care and gum disease. The reason for this is the deteriorating ecological situation, poor nutrition, constant stress and lack of vitamins. How to help your gums?
To prevent infection with inflamed gums, you need to eat 3-4 cloves of garlic a day or use it in the form of food additives. You can also rinse your mouth with garlic:
- garlic grate on a fine grater and mix with water in a ratio of 1: 3;
- let it brew for half an hour, ready to rinse your mouth three times a day.
Sea buckthorn oil
Sea-buckthorn oil is successfully used in dentistry for the treatment of inflamed gums, it has a wound-healing effect. The procedure is carried out with a cotton swab or gauze moistened in oil. The patch should be applied to the inflamed area. Also, sea buckthorn oil is gently rubbed with a finger in a sore spot.
If the gum bleeds, the usual solution of hydrogen peroxide. You need to dilute the drug in a glass of water and rinse your mouth several times a day. To achieve the effect, the procedure is repeated for five days without interruption.
This is an effective remedy, which at home helps to quickly cope with problems of the oral cavity. For 0.5 liters of water, two large spoons of oak bark powder are brewed. Boil the broth for about ten minutes, and then insist until it cools. The mouth should be rinsed thrice a day. Each time use half a cup of broth.
Another method of treating diseases of the oral cavity is known. In a glass of warm water, dissolve a small spoonful of salt and half a teaspoon of soda. You can also add a little sage. You need to rinse your mouth with this infusion 5-7 days.
Since many herbs have anti-inflammatory, wound-healing and antiseptic effect, rinsing is done using herbal preparations. With inflammation of the gums, a decoction of flowers and berries has proved itself well. For two glasses of water you need to take a large spoonful of St. John's wort and black elderberry, add the leaves of strawberries. Ten minutes to boil, then remove from heat and leave for half an hour under the lid. You can rinse your mouth with this collection every hour.
Leaves of aloe
For phytotherapy, three-year-old aloe leaves are taken. You need to remove the spikes, and cut the leaf along. Apply to the gums at the site of inflammation. You can carry out this procedure up to seven times a day.
This is a simple and accessible way of treatment. In a glass of water, sea salt is dissolved and the mouth cavity is treated up to three times a day. Instead of rinsing the salt can be gently rubbed into the gums. This folk remedy is able to relieve inflammation and bleeding. Bacteria that destroy the dental tissue, under the action of sea salt die.
Dirt of the Dead Sea
To treat inflamed gums, you can use clean mud of the dead sea, without additives. Prescription for treatment:
- 2 times a day brushing your teeth with mud (after breakfast and dinner);
- after cleaning with light massaging movements rub the mud of the dead sea into the gums with your finger;
- solution of salt and mud of the dead sea rinse the mouth after each meal.
It is necessary to dissolve half a spoonful of soda in a glass of boiled water, add a fourth of the sage tincture. Mix all ingredients and rinse gum every half hour.
Use of plantain
In summer, the leaves of the plantain are used to treat inflamed gums. It is important not to tear plants near motor roads and in contaminated areas of the city. In winter, dried leaves are suitable for this purpose, they can be bought at a pharmacy. Plantain has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and blood-resurrecting action.
To use sage against gingival inflammation it is necessary to prepare an infusion (1 tbsp. l. 1/2 cup of boiling water, let it brew for 1 hour under the lid, then strain). The drink has a pleasant taste, slightly knits mucous membranes. Rinse the mouth cavity several times a day, preferably after each meal until a complete cure.
Treatment of gum disease during pregnancy
Folk remedies based on chamomile and calendula
These are wonderful folk remedies for the treatment of gums. It is enough to take a large spoonful of chamomile and marigold flowers, pour a glass of boiled water. After 30 minutes of insisting, you can safely start rinsing.
Broth of pine kidneys
Young buds of a pine are capable to stop a bleeding of gums, to remove reddening and to eliminate an inflammation. Take a tablespoon of kidneys and pour 500 ml of water. Boil it for 10 minutes on low heat, insist for a quarter of an hour. Mouth rinse 100 ml of broth at least three times a day, or better - more often.
Propolis and alcohol
To prepare such a solution, you need to take 20 drops of alcohol-infused propolis and dilute it in 0.2 liters of water. The solution is used exclusively for rinsing.
Root of calamus
A small spoon of chopped root is poured into 0.2 liters of boiling water. A quarter of an hour the solution is insisted, then it is filtered and the mouth cavity is rinsed. Air will not only relieve the inflammation of the gums, but also help to remove bad breath.
With gum disease, treatment at home can be done using honey (we take only natural product) and ordinary or sea salt. For one piece of honey, you need four large spoons of salt. The mixture is ground and applied to inflamed gums.
Therapy with black radish juice
Of course, only freshly squeezed juice can be used in folk medicine. Radish gives an excellent effect with increased bleeding.
To avoid complications with inflammation of the gums in children, it is necessary to take the child to a consultation with the dentist. Treatment is prescribed based on age, symptoms of the disease and individual characteristics of the body.
- Infants with teething help to anesthetize, remove unpleasant symptoms of gels (Dentol, Kamistad) and homeopathic drugs (Dentakids).
- Older children are recommended rinsing the mouth with decoctions of medicinal herbs (chamomile, sage, oak bark) or pharmaceuticals (Rotokan). They have antiseptic properties and relieve inflammation.
Massage with gum disease
Massage with gum diseases is performed with the use of special preventive pastes. Help in this brushes with soft bristles or wadded disks, moistened with decoctions of medicinal plants.
This procedure will be most effective in pregnancy, due to safety, good tolerability and efficacy. Begin the massage from the central incisors to the wisdom teeth, the movements should be light and smooth, without pain.
This is one of the methods of preventing inflammation of the gums. A positive result is visible after completing the full course of procedures, at least 10 for the entire treatment period.
Massage should be done in the morning and in the evening, one session lasts at least 5 minutes. After you can rinse the mouth with tincture of ginseng or radish. The main thing is not to cause additional irritation of the gum area.
How to treat severe inflammation of the gums with antibiotics and other medications
With a strong inflammation of the gums after the evacuation of pus, the doctor prescribes antibiotic treatment to the patient. Most often, Metronidazole is prescribed (500 mg 3 times a day, the course of recovery is about 2 weeks). You can also use other types of drugs - Lincomycin, Clindamycin, but only after appointment by a specialist. Dosage is to be controlled by the attending physician, self-medication is unacceptable.
Effective with inflammation of the gums at home, various ointments, balsams and gels of both domestic and foreign production:
- Gel Holisal.
- Asept's balm.
- Cream for gums Forest balsam.
All means are effective, for a short period of time they remove inflammation, bleeding, eliminate soreness of the gums, inhibit the development of harmful microorganisms in the oral cavity, and have wound-healing properties.
It should be noted that anti-inflammatory drugs in the form of ointments are less effective. Because of the oily base, ointments do not adhere well to the mucous membranes, so most of them enter the body together with saliva. In rare cases, doctors can prescribe Heparin ointment to reduce pain and swelling, but its main application is external.
In the pharmacy you can choose a gel that will help to remove unpleasant sensations in inflammatory diseases of the gums:
- Dentol (option for people with prostheses);
- Metrogil denta (an effective remedy against gingivitis, periodontal disease, cheilitis, stomatitis, periodontitis);
- Solcoseryl (with damage to the gums);
- Холисал (at strong pains);
- Parodium (periodontitis, gingivitis);
- Kamistad (eruption of wisdom tooth, wearing braces, prostheses, with gingivitis, stomatitis, cheilitis);
- Asepta (anesthetizes, relieves itching and inflammation);
- Retragel (disinfects, stops bleeding).
Independently to begin reception of any antibiotic it is forbidden. Amoxicillin is a drug that can remove inflammation and relieve infection. Even pregnant women and children can be prescribed this antibiotic, which is an advantage. Dosage and treatment is determined by the doctor depending on the stage of inflammation.
Lincomycin is isolated among many drugs in purulent inflammatory processes. The medicine is produced in different forms (ointment, injections, capsules). In difficult cases, the injection solution is injected into the gum. With bleeding and inflammation, the drug can be used at home. At night after brushing teeth it is necessary to lubricate the inflamed area with Lincomycin ointment.
How to rinse your mouth with chlorosquidine in case of gingival inflammation
Chlorhexidine has an antimicrobial and antiseptic effect, it is used for gingivitis, stomatitis, periodontitis, aphtha, alveolitis, removable dentures. Rinses of the mouth should not last more than 12 days, so as not to cause a dysbacteriosis of the mouth. Contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to the drug.
For rinsing, it is necessary to prepare a solution (0.05 g chlorhexidine / 100 ml water). Despite the positive effects of the drug, you first need to consult a doctor.
Prevention of such violations
Basic methods of prevention:
- Every day, brush your teeth after waking up and before going to bed, carefully remove the leftover food from their base, use dental floss, rinse the mouth after eating.
- To consume foods high in calcium, introduce more fiber, fruits and vegetables into the diet. There are fewer sweets and meat products that have a bad effect on the "health" of the gums.
- Avoid stressful situations, rest more, walk in the fresh air, lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Daily massage the gums, rinse with herbal decoctions.
- Quit smoking and give up alcohol - these factors negatively affect the work of all systems of the human body.
- To change the toothbrushes as the bristles are being erased, the preference is given to the electric brushes. They better cope with plaque and simultaneously perform gum massage.
- Clean not only the teeth, but also the language, which is the habitat of bacteria trapped in the oral cavity.
- When the first signs of inflammation of the gums appear, immediately begin treatment, get advice from a dentist and use only proven methods of healing the body.
Toothpaste with gingival inflammation
In inflammatory gums, it is important to choose the right paste, which helps to eliminate unpleasant symptoms. The most popular today are:
- Lacalut Aktiv (reduces bleeding, removes plaque, reduces loosening of the gums);
- Parodontax Classic (for the prevention of inflammation and bleeding);
- Blend-a-med Complex 7 (helps strengthen the gums, prevents inflammation and the appearance of calculus);
- Blend-a-med Pro-Expert (has a protective function, reduces inflammation).
Proper treatment of gum disease effectively and at home. With its help, you can not only eliminate inflammation and bleeding, but also improve the whole oral cavity.