The joints of muscles and tendons are called synovial bags. These areas are filled with a small amount of liquid, and their main function is to reduce the load on the joints.
The disease, in which the synovial bags become inflamed, is designated in medicine as bursitis. The causes of the disease are diverse, and the symptomatology is always pronounced.
There are several forms of knee bursitis, each of which is peculiar to patients of certain categories. A separate risk group includes people with obesity or unstable body weight.
- Possible causes
- Characteristic symptoms
- General recommendations
- What folk remedies exist for treatment?
- What is not recommended?
- Prevention measures
The knee joint is brittle. It is not difficult to damage it even if there are no injuries. For example, the most common cause of inflammation is the weight of a person .
If the diagnosis of obesity is established, a person's cardiovascular mass changes due to diets or other programs for weight loss, and then the mass returns, the risk of bursitis increases.
Knee joints have to withstand loads, resulting in bias or other disturbances in their functioning.
Other causes of knee bursitis include:
- thinning of the knee muscles as a result of constant and excessive physical exertion;
- trauma of an open type in the region of the knee joints( the cause of bursitis can be not only injuries of the tendons, muscles, bones or joints, but even the skin);
- infectious diseases( bursitis is in this case a side effect of such diseases);
- all forms of sepsis;
- concomitant diseases of the joints.
The knee bursitis develops gradually. For a long time, the patient can feel minor discomfort in the knee area, which in most cases is not paid attention.
Attacks of pain are exacerbated in the process of complicating the disease .A sharp form of the disease becomes a situation where a person can not bend or unbend his leg due to severe pain in the knee.
Symptoms of knee bursitis include:
- painful sensations in the knee area of varying degrees( from discomfort to restraining the movement of bouts of pain);
- redness of the skin in the knee region;
- formation of edema in the knee region;
- increased temperature in the area of edema( felt by touch);
- knee deformation;
- obstructed movement of pain in the knees;
- stiffness in the knee joints;
- genetic predisposition( in rare cases);
- features lifestyle or professional activities associated with constant loads on the knees( most often the disease develops in athletes involved in running, jumping, speed skating);
- is an advanced age( with time the joints become weaker and wear out due to the natural aging of the human body).
Effective treatment of Morton's neuroma at home.
Can otitis in children be treated with folk remedies? The best recipes you'll find in this article.
In the treatment of knee bursitis, a particular role is played not only by the form of the disease, but also by its timely diagnosis. Among the mandatory stages of the survey include the study of the composition of the fluid filling the synovial bags and assessing the state of the microflora of the patient's body.
The program of selection of medicines and procedures for the treatment of the disease depends on the revealed clinical picture. Trying to get rid of pain only by methods of alternative medicine is not worth it. In some cases, the only measure that can be taken by doctors will be surgical intervention.
Swelling is in no way recommended to warm up or cool , much less to do such procedures uncontrollably. If there is pus in the synovial bag, the heat will have a negative effect on the entire course of treatment.
With the application of the cooling method, you can catch healthy knee sites, and the disease due to this factor will only become complicated.
What folk remedies exist for treatment?
Some recipes for traditional medicine require special attention from patients. Do not use the techniques if there is an individual intolerance of individual components or after the first procedure there are side effects.
In addition, coniferous baths are not recommended for the treatment of knee bursitis, if there are deviations in the work of the cardiovascular system or blood circulation. Excessive contact with needles is not necessary with established diagnoses of diseases of the digestive system.
Examples of folk remedies against bursitis of knee joints:
- baths with coniferous extract ( bumps, twigs and pine needles must be boiled for 30 minutes, as a result of heat treatment, the liquid should acquire a brown tint, the broth is infused for 24 hours, then applied for additionin the bath, stay in the water is recommended not longer than 15 minutes, special attention is paid to the contraindications of the method);
- compress from the Kalanchoe ( freezing several leaves of the plant in the freezer for the night, without defrosting them, with boiling water, juice will start to appear from the Kalanchoe, the leaves must be put on the edema and fixed with bandage, repeat the procedure daily for a week);
- lotion from the leaves of the lilac ( the leaves of the plant must be ground to separate the juice, placed in gauze and tied to the knee, the lotion can be left overnight, it should be recommended several times a day for two weeks);
- compress from cabbage leaves ( leaf cabbage to attach to the tumor site, fix with a bandage, after a few hours compress to replace with a new one, repeat the procedure daily for two weeks, bind the leaves at night to the affected area, the compress at this time will be difficult);
- tea from celery seeds ( one tablespoon of the ingredient should be poured with a glass of boiling water, leave to infuse for at least an hour, take twice a day for half a glass two weeks, before consumption, tea must be filtered with gauze);
- compresses from the golden mustache ( one tablespoon of the crushed leaves of the plant should be poured into 1.5 cups of boiling water, boil for a few minutes over medium heat, drain the broth and use for regular compresses using gauze or cottonwoods);
- tincture of propolis ( within a few days it is necessary to insist a mixture of propolis and vodka, the ingredients are taken in proportion to one part of propolis - ten parts of vodka, the resulting tincture, daily it will have to make lotions on the edema area).
What is not recommended?
Purulent bursitis belongs to the category of the most complex forms of knee disease. In this case, the methods of treatment are chosen individually, and among the existing methods there are many contraindications.
Means of traditional medicine in this case must always be agreed with the doctor .In the presence of wounds on the skin, compresses based on alcohol or with a warming effect can not be used.
When knee bursitis is not recommended:
- independently interrupt or complete treatment( this can cause an exacerbation of the disease);
- to overload the knees during the rehabilitation period( excessive loads will hamper treatment and reduce its effectiveness);
- should be guided by the recommendations of dubious specialists( seek advice and carry out an examination only with a specialized and qualified doctor);
- treat without consulting a specialist;
- independently choose methods of treatment;
- use only recipes for alternative medicine in the fight against the disease.
Characteristic symptoms of hypotension and treatment at home.
Read here about the causes of psoriasis on the head and how to treat folk remedies.
What is lumbago and how to treat it?http: //netlekarstvam.com/ narodnye-sredstva /pozvonochnik/ lyumbago.html
Control of loads on the knees and the full treatment of diseases caused by joint inflammation or infections are the main measures to prevent knee bursitis.
When a diagnosis is established and the treatment program is applied, the patient automatically falls into the group of risk of relapse. For health it is necessary to watch especially carefully.
Preventive measures of bursitis of the knees also include:
- strengthening of leg muscles( regular gymnastics, walking, simple exercises during the day);
- elimination of supercooling of the extremities( women are not recommended to wear nylon tights in the cold winter period);
- any wounds on the skin should be fully processed with medications and prevent the formation of complications;
- internal, infectious, chronic diseases must be treated in a timely and comprehensive manner;
- prevention of knee injuries;
- timely diagnosis of bursitis is the key to successful and rapid treatment( the earlier the diagnosis is established, the easier it will be to return to the habitual way of life without negative consequences).
After suffering bursitis, patients are advised to wear special knee pads made from elastic material. Such accessories distribute the load on the joints, provide a supporting function and prevent overload.
As prevention of recurrence of the disease it is necessary to conduct examinations with a specialist once a year and, if necessary, undergo a course of procedures of a physiotherapeutic nature.
Also see useful video on the topic of the article: