Polyarthritis of the fingers refers to inflammatory diseases of the joints, which occurs in people of all age categories, but more often in people over 50 years old. Inflammatory processes in polyarthritis can cover several joints at once, or spread gradually.
Polyarthritis of the fingers gives the patient a lot of inconvenience, because it prevents him from doing simple small work. The treatment of this disease is quite complicated and usually involves methods of conservative and traditional medicine.
- Possible causes
- Characteristic symptoms
- General recommendations
- Traditional medicine recipes
- What is not recommended to take?
- Preventative measures
Possible causes of
Age changes are considered to be the main factor in the development of polyarthritis. Over the years, the body grows old, the metabolism is disrupted, the joints begin to accumulate and accumulate in the joints, which eventually begin to exert a destructive effect on the cartilaginous tissues, causing active inflammatory processes.
But polyarthritis often happens in young people. Causes that can cause inflammation in the joints:
- finger injury - fractures, dislocations caused by severe bumps or falls on the hands, as well as surgical operations;
- chronic metabolic disorder;
- genetic predisposition;
- frequent stressful events, psychological overstrain;
- infectious diseases, which lasted long and in severe form;
- systemic diseases - hepatitis, tuberculosis, gonorrhea, dysentery and others.
There are several varieties of of finger polyarthritis that are divided according to the etiologic factor:
- Rheumatoid .It is characterized by the defeat of several joints. This type of polyarthritis destroys the connective tissue and very often leads to severe complications in which other organs of the body are affected. Cure this form of polyarthritis can only be in the early stages.
- Crystal .It develops as a result of metabolic disorders in the body, when joints begin to accumulate in the joints. When a large number of crystals of salt, they cause irritation of the joint, which leads to inflammatory processes.
- Infectious .This type of polyarthritis occurs against the background of diseases such as brucellosis, tuberculosis, gonorrhea. With timely treatment with infectious polyarthritis can manage quickly enough.
- Psoriatic .Formed as a result of psoriatic lesions of the skin of the hands.
Polyarthritis can develop for many years, without letting itself know. As a rule, an external or internal factor contributes to the "launch" of inflammatory processes. It can be a cold, a frostbite, an infection, or an allergic reaction.
Characteristic symptoms of
The manifestations of polyarthritis depend on the severity of the disease, as well as on the causes that contributed to its development. If the disease was of an infectious origin, there is swelling and redness of the skin over the affected joint, while the joint loses its natural mobility.
Rheumatoid polyarthritis is not noticeable at first. In the early stages, only a slight discomfort in the fingers can be felt during weather changes. Pain sensations are poorly expressed, and initially there is no swelling at all. Sometimes the temperature may rise slightly, appetite may worsen and the body weight may decrease.
Any form of polyarthritis of the hands develops in several stages:
- Initially, there is a slight stiffness in the movements of the joints, usually in the morning. The pains are weak and pass through 30 minutes after waking up.
- As the disease progresses, the intensity of pain, their frequency and duration increase, the stiffness of the fingers lasts longer.
- In places where tendons are attached, seals of about 1 cm in diameter may appear. With the development of the disease, these nodules increase in size and can extend not only to the fingers, but also to nearby joints.
- Progressing, polyarthritis leads to atrophic processes in the muscles near the joints. This is because the mobility of the hand is limited, the muscles almost do not work and eventually weaken.
- Inflammation can spread to tendons, resulting in joint deformation. If nerve fibers were affected, numbness, tingling of the hands, a sensation of "goosebumps" can be observed.
The final stage of development of polyarthritis is a strong deformation of the hands of , while fingers completely lose the ability to move and freeze in one position.
How quickly to increase hemoglobin folk remedies? The best homemade recipes.
How to treat pneumonia at home? Read in this article.
In the absence of treatment, polyarthritis can cause a number of complications. Prolonged inflammation of the joints leads to the following problems:
- Lesion of the skin .Prolonged course of the disease can cause the formation of rash, redness, flaking of the skin. Such phenomena can be associated not only with the disease itself, but also with the medications that the patient takes.
- Lesion of the visual organs .Polyarthritis often causes dryness and irritation in the eyes, and can also provoke the development of eye diseases of inflammatory properties - conjunctivitis, scleritis and others. Some of them can even lead to loss of vision.
- The defeat of the blood vessels .One of the most serious complications of polyarthritis is vasculitis, in which capillaries, arteries and veins are affected.
- Lesion of the lung .The spread of the disease can provoke swelling or collapse of the lungs, susceptibility to diseases of the respiratory system.
- Heart attack .With exacerbation of polyarthritis, there is sometimes an accumulation of fluid between the heart and the pericardium. In addition, inflammatory processes can disrupt the state of the heart muscle, increasing the risk of cardiovascular disease, the most dangerous of which is myocardial infarction.
In rare cases, polyarthritis can even lead to tumors of lymph nodes. To protect yourself from the dangerous consequences of the disease, you need to proceed to treatment as early as possible, with the first symptoms of pathology.
Polyarthritis of the hands most often occurs under the influence of some other disease. Therefore, the main task of is the treatment of the underlying disease .The course of therapy is determined after a comprehensive examination of the patient and diagnostic procedures. If polyarthritis has arisen in the course of professional activity, it will be recommended to exclude traumatic factors.
The pain syndrome is eliminated with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs , which include: Ibuprofen, Diclofenac, Movalis, Ketonal, Xefokam, Nimesulide. In this case, one must take into account their negative effect on the gastrointestinal tract. These drugs can be contraindicated in ulcers and gastritis.
If these medicines have not had a positive effect, steroid preparations -Dexamethasone, Prednisolone and their analogs may be indicated. Appointment of these drugs can only specialist. At their own discretion, these medicines are strictly prohibited because they have many side effects.
Recipes for Traditional Medicine
Traditional medicine can make an invaluable contribution to the treatment of polyarthritis of the fingers. There are many recipes that help to remove inflammation, remove salt deposits, improve metabolism, reduce pain, restore the structure of cartilaginous tissue.
The most effective folk remedies:
- Bay leaf .5 g of laurel leaves pour 1,5 cups of boiling water, then cook for about five minutes on low heat, while you do not need to cover the container with a lid. After that, the broth is poured into a thermos bottle and allowed to stand for half a day. Take laurel broth carefully, in small portions, on the throat every hour throughout the day. Drinking the entire volume of the drug at a time is strictly prohibited, as this can lead to internal bleeding.
- Swamp fender .Take root sabelnik, crushed, then 20 g of roots are filled with a bottle of vodka and kept for 2 weeks in a secluded dark corner. Next tincture should be filtered and diluted with water in half. Take 1 tbsp.three times a day for three weeks. Violet three-colored .A tablespoon of chopped violets pour a glass of boiling water and hold for 10 minutes a couple, then wrap it in a towel and let it brew for 30 minutes. Now the mixture must be filtered and taken three times a day on a tablespoon.
- Pumpkin seeds .20 seeds should be freed from the shell, pour a glass of water( warm) and hold for ½ days. Swollen seeds should be scrolled through a meat grinder, and pour the infusion into the resulting gruel, in which the seeds were. After thorough mixing, this mixture should be taken half the glass in the morning and evening. Drink infusion takes 2 weeks.
- Potato Compress .Several greenish potato tubers are selected, washed and rubbed together with the peel. Then potatoes should be put in a container, pour hot water( 40 ° C), wait 5 minutes, then apply to the affected areas with a layer of 2 cm, wrapped on top of the film. It is better to do this at night, and in the morning compress to remove. Such treatment takes about a week.
- Japanese Sophora .50 g of Sophora pour a glass of alcohol, let it brew for about an hour and take 20 drops three times a day.
Well help to remove the pain of hand baths from decoction of sage, chamomile, oat straw, black radish, cowberry leaves. In such trays you need to hold hands for at least 10 minutes, and they should be done about a month.
What is not recommended?
Before choosing any agent for the treatment of polyarthritis, you should always talk with your doctor. Many recipes have contraindications to - for example, laurel broth should not be taken during pregnancy, as well as diseases of the stomach, liver and kidneys.
In addition, the taking of certain agents may trigger an allergy to .If there are any chronic diseases, the use of traditional medicine should be approached doubly gently.
For the duration of treatment it is recommended to exclude from the diet baking, sweets, fatty and fried foods. The nutritional value of such products is small, while they contribute to obesity. Excess weight can increase the burden on the affected joints and worsen the patient's condition.
Effective treatment of colds by folk remedies at home.
Is it possible to cure atrial fibrillation with folk remedies? Read in this article.
About the medicinal properties of ginger for women - http: //netlekarstvam.com/ narodnye-sredstva / zhenskoe-zdorove / imbir.html
To prevent the development of polyarthritis, you must follow preventive measures: avoid hypothermia of the hands, avoid injuries( what to do with a bruised hand?) and stress, do not expose your hands to excessively high physical exertion.
If the work is related to the tension of the joints of the hands, after the end of the work day it is recommended to keep hands in the baths with medicinal herbs. It will not be superfluous to abandon the pernicious habits of alcohol and smoking.
But the most important preventive measure is the timely treatment of diseases that provoke the development of polyarthritis.